Best Portable Grills | WhatIs180.com
Top 10 Portable Grills
There’s nothing like a good cookout to keep the fun going during the warmer seasons, especially when you can bring the party anywhere. A portable BBQ grill certainly helps with this, and lucky for you, we’ve prepared a list of the best portable grills out there. Read on to see the best portable charcoal or propane gas grills currently available.
We’re getting this list of the best portable grills kicked off with a more premium option: the Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill. Just like the name implies, this portable propane grill from Coleman is perfect for the road, folding down and converting into a rollable form factor for easy transport. With three adjustable burners, a large grilling area, and an exceptionally easy setup, the RoadTrip 285 is not a portable grill to miss if you don’t mind paying top dollar.
- GRILLING POWER: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 3 ADJUSTABLE BURNERS: With improved burner technology for more precise temperature control
- LARGE GRILLING AREA: 285 sq. inches
- EASY SETUP: Sturdy quick-fold legs and wheels
- THERMOMETER: Integrated design for accurate temperature monitoring
- PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION: For matchless lighting
- FUEL: 1 16.4 oz. propane cylinder (sold separately)
Another option on the higher end of the price spectrum is the Q1200 Portable Liquid Propane Grill from Weber, a name that’s synonymous with quality in the world of outdoor gear. This portable grill from Weber is a fantastic option for folks that need a simple yet effective portable grill for their outdoor adventures. With easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings, this portable propane grill is user-friendly and a joy to cook with.
- One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat 189 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- Dimensions - lid closed and tables out (inches): 15.5H x 40.9W x 16.5D inches. Fully assembled out of the box. Uses disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz. LP cylinder (sold separately)
- Easy-start electronic ignition and infinite control burner valve settings
- GLASS-REINFORCED NYLON FRAME
Next on the list is another premium portable grill that’s a little less expensive than the Coleman and Weber portable grills we’ve already discussed. The Pit Boss Grills 75275 Stainless Steel Two-Burner Portable Grill is a lightweight and easy-to-carry stainless steel grill with two burners and a latching hood for convenient transportation. The push-turn ignition and dome thermometer add to its ease of use, making this one of the best portable grills out there for its price point.
- 430 stainless Steel body and lid construction and 304 stainless Steel grid construction
- Two 10,000 BTU burner design delivers the perfect amount of heat for grilling and searing
- Portable design features Folding legs and latching hood for easy carry
- Push and turn ignition and dome thermometer
- Lightweight and easy to carry
If you’re looking for a much more affordable tabletop grill for your next cookout, the Cuisinart CCG190RB Portable Charcoal Grill may be the one for you. With the classic dome-top look you’re used to from other portable grills, this Cuisinart model is stylish and small enough to fit on a tabletop. The 150 square inch chrome-plated grate offers ample room to cook on, and the dual-venting system gives this portable grill the ultimate charcoal management and temperature control.
- 150-SQUARE-INCH CHROME PLATED GRATE: The 150-square-inch chrome-plated cooking rack gives a spacious cooking surface that is able to accommodate lots of food at one time while still distributing heat evenly and efficiently.
- DUAL VENTING SYSTEM: Features a Dual venting system, giving you the ultimate charcoal management and temperature control.
- THREE SECURE LID LOCKS: The grill features three secure lid locks for easy and safe transport.
- COMPACT ENOUGH TO TAKE ANYWHERE: The grill measures 14. 5 x 14. 5 x 15 inches and weighs only 2 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios, and balconies, camping, tailgating, and more.
- ENAMEL COATED FIREBOX AND ASH CATCHER: Features a durable enamel coated firebox and convenient mess-free ash catcher for safety and ease.
Next on our list of the best portable grills is another option from Cuisinart: the CGG-059 Grillster. This portable gas grill also fits on a tabletop for ultimate portability, featuring a similar 146 square inch cooking surface to its charcoal cousin. The compact design and lack of assembly requirements make this portable gas grill one of the best options at its price point.
- 146-SQUARE-INCH ENAMELED STEEL COOKING GRATE: 146-square-inches of enameled steel grates give you a spacious cooking surface and is also dishwasher safe, making cleaning the grates a breeze use after use.
- 8, 000 BTU: burner works with 1 lb. Propane tank: features an 8, 000 BTU burner, a push to Ignite start button, and is compatible with a 1 lb. Propane tank giving you ultimate portability.
- COMPACT DESIGN: The grill measures 19 x 11. 5 x 10 inches and weighs only 10 lbs. , making it easy for transport and ideal for decks, patios and balconies, camping, Tailgating, and more.
- NO ASSEMBLY: The grill requires no assembly and can be set up and ready for grilling in under 5 minutes without the need for tools or matches.
- LOCKING LID: The lid latches down allowing for quick and easy transport
- INCLUDED FEATURES: Grill utilizes a drip tray to collect grease and drippings for easy cleanup. The gas regulator monitors the flow of gas from your propane tank to your grill while cooking. (propane not included)
Another portable grill from Weber on our list is the Jumbo Joe 18-inch portable charcoal grill. Sporting the classic look of other Weber models, this sleek option is great for those craving a little style with their sustenance. This portable BBQ grill’s compact size, large grilling area, and convenient carrying handle make it a perfect option for any weekend getaway or a spontaneous trip to the park. Make sure to give this portable grill a look if you want a fully-featured, stylish option that won’t break the bank.
- Travel with taste, or grill up a quick meal on your patio with the Jumbo Joe portable charcoal grill. The compact size with a larger grilling area and the convenient carry handle is perfect for any weekend getaway or a spontaneous day at the beach.
- Holds up to eight burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- The Tuck-N-Carry lid lock doubles as a lid holder to avoid placing the lid on the ground
- Dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
If electric grilling strikes your fancy and you’re willing to sacrifice some degree of portability, the Char-Broil Patio Bistro TRU-Infrared Electric Grill may be worth a look. This high-quality portable grill lets you cook conveniently without the need for propane or charcoal, and the TRU-infrared technology prevents flare-ups, delivering even heat and juicier food. Featuring a removable warming rack, a rust-resistant porcelain grate, and an integrated control knob for exceptional temperature control, the Patio Bistro from Char-Broil is one of the best portable grills for your backyard.
- High-quality electric grilling for convenience without the hassle of gas or charcoal
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even heat, and cooks juicier food
- Integrated control knob to adjust temperatures easily
- The durable porcelain-coated grate is rust-resistant and easy-to-clean
- Removable warming rack for indirect cooking or to keep food warm
Another portable grill from Cuisinart that’s incredibly compact while still allowing for serious grilling is the Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Propane Grill. With 145 square inches of cooking surface packed into a tiny form factor, the Petit Gourmet is just like its name implies: small yet well-equipped to cook some amazing ‘cue! The pronounced briefcase-style handle on this portable grill makes it easy to go anywhere your cooking takes you.
- Portable gas grill with 145-square-inch grilling area and foldaway legs
- Cooks 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish
- Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate
- Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet set up in seconds; integrated lid lock keeps lid secure
- Pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle; weighs 13.5 pounds
If you need a little more space to cook but want to maintain a certain level of portability, the Masterbuilt Portable Propane Tabletop Grill is an excellent option. Sporting 288 square inches of cooking space—nearly double that of the competition at this price point—this Masterbuilt model is a great portable propane grill for those that have a lot of mouths to feed. The chrome-coated warming rack and stainless steel construction give this portable BBQ grill a timeless look for any occasion, so make sure to check it out if you’re serious about your on-the-go grilling.
- 288 sq. inches of total cooking surface
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel "U" shaped burner for maximum heat distribution
- Folding legs and locking lid make moving the grill easy
- Chrome-coated warming rack and stainless steel construction and cooking grates
- Push-button ignition lights burner quickly and easily
Last but certainly not least on our list of the best portable grills is the Go-Anywhere portable charcoal grill from Weber. This grill promises to bring a taste of home with you wherever you go, with room for six burgers and Weber’s patented burger press built right in. This portable grill is also rectangular, which may not sound like a big deal, but its shape allows it to be stored in the back of most vehicles—even compact ones. Affordable, stylish, and manufactured by a time-tested brand, the Go-Anywhere is a portable charcoal grill that will more than suit your grilling needs on the road.
- The Go-Anywhere portable charcoal grill brings a taste of home wherever you go. The lid locks for easy portability and its rectangular shape fits perfectly in the back of most cars.
- Holds up to six burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Porcelain-enameled lid and base retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- The lid locks for easy portability and dampers allow you to easily control the temperature inside your grill
- Durable plated steel cooking grate retains heat and is easy to clean. Primary cooking area (square inches):160