Best Under Desk Elliptical 2021 – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
It’s no secret that, as a society, we’ve grown more reliant upon our screens for entertainment, news, and work. It’s also no secret that a sedentary lifestyle can lead to a variety of health issues, like obesity and depression, just to name a few. On top of that, the landscape for work has changed drastically over time, as more companies have their employees perform their duties remotely. Since we’re all so busy and so accustomed to sitting in front of a monitor, it can be hard to make room for exercise, but desk ellipticals are here to save the day.
Under-desk ellipticals are designed to provide a great cardio workout quietly and discreetly. They will help you stay active while you’re on the clock, watching TV, or shopping online. You can burn up to 400 calories by using an under-desk elliptical for as little as half an hour. These small devices are perfect for people who have sore joints from sitting all day, and they’re an invaluable aid for physical therapy.
As the demand for desk ellipticals has increased, so has their functionality. New features like flywheels, Bluetooth compatibility, and anti-slip pedals are popular additions to the modern under-desk elliptical. Read on to learn more about why these exercise tools are so fantastic.
Benefits of Desk Ellipticals:
These machines are much less expensive than full-size ellipticals, and you’ll get all the same benefits of using other cardio equipment without having to pay for a monthly gym membership.
Thanks to their compact size, under-desk ellipticals can be used while you work, stream Netflix, or browse the internet. The pedal motion is light and fluid enough that you won’t be disturbed by jostling while seated.
● Appropriate at Home or in the Office
Most top under-desk ellipticals feature a flywheel that makes them whisper-quiet and handles for easy transportation, so you can use them at your desk and carry them around the office without attracting attention.
● Easy on the Joints
The best under-desk ellipticals won’t put stress on your joints. Smooth pedal motions decrease the impact that the body endures when using full-size ellipticals.
● Easy to Assemble
Most of the time, these machines come fully assembled and ready to use, but depending on your model, the most amount of work you’ll have to do is to attach the pedals. Under-desk ellipticals usually take only three to five minutes to set up!
● Multiple Levels of Resistance
When you’re looking at under-desk elliptical reviews, you’ll notice a trend: resistance matters. With varying levels of resistance, users can increase or decrease the intensity of their workouts with the press of a button.
Under-desk ellipticals allow users to work out whether they’re standing or sitting. Most are equipped with large anti-slip pedals that keep users secure regardless of their posture while engaging with their machine.
● Ideal for Fitness and Weight Loss
With a quality under-desk elliptical, you can burn thousands of calories in a day while still enjoying relaxing activities like reading or watching TV. The increased cardiovascular effort promotes fat loss, and the fluid movement of the machine tones hamstrings, glutes, and quads.
The Best Under-Desk Ellipticals of 2021:
A desk elliptical is an excellent buy for casual exercisers and fitness nuts alike. Read our under-desk elliptical reviews for 2021 so you can make an informed decision about which model is right for you.
Here’s the 9 best Under Desk Ellipticals:
1. Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical
This under-desk elliptical with Bluetooth can be synced to your Fitbit and HealthKit. It’s easy to assemble and has adjustable resistance levels. There is absolutely nothing more that you could want from a desk elliptical.
● Low-Impact Workout: The ultra-smooth gearing design is easy on the joints and ideal for home or office workouts.
● Track Your Fitness Goals: Your Cubii Pro will sync your steps, distance, and calories burned with iPhone and Android cellphones, Fitbit smart bands, and Apple HealthKits.
● Stay Fit While You Sit: “Work out while you work, and rehab while you rest” is this company’s motto. You can use this product on the couch, at your desk, or even at the dining table.
● Small and Compact: Unlike sit-and-stand ellipticals, the Cubii Pro is optimized for seated use. The low step pattern makes it easy to use under low desks, and the tight, space-saving design keeps your space clutter-free.
● Extra Quiet: The Cubii Pro Under-Desk Elliptical is almost entirely quiet while you’re using it. It won’t disturb anyone around you.
Cubii is a product with a patented design that’s ergonomic. It gives a completely unique community experience.
- Safe, simple to use, super smooth and stable
- 8 resistance levels
- Whisper quiet
- Low impact
- Built to last and ergonomic design
- The only model that has Bluetooth tracking and connects to most mobile apps on any platform
- Instructions on the package are not very clear
- Slides on hardwood
- The stepper rubs on the plastic while using it and makes a loud noise
- Hardwiring is required to the USB wall charger
This product is a great investment if you want to sit at work and get a bit of exercise done. It comes with a lot of attractive features like Bluetooth and syncing with apps and keeping your steps, distance and calorie count noted and is the only model in the market that has these features right now. It works great and is affordable and is of immense importance to working individuals who have to sit still in front of a screen for more than eight hours in a day.
2. IDEER LIFE Under Desk Exercise Bike, Mini Elliptical Trainer
The iDeer Life Under-Desk Mini Elliptical Trainer has features like a stepper pedal with adjustable resistance and an LCD display.
● Under-Desk and Standup Exercise Elliptical: This machine allows you to work out sitting down or standing up, and it features an array of functions that will help you burn extra calories, improve circulation, and increase your cardiovascular endurance.
● Highly Adjustable: This machine allows you to adjust the intensity of your workout with multiple resistance levels. Whether you want an extended light-resistance workout or a shorter but more intense session, the adjustable resistance offers you full control.
● Multifunctional Monitor: The built-in LCD display monitor tracks your time, distance, individual session count, and total count. The monitor is easy to use and has a turning dial for both standup and under-desk exercising.
● Super Quiet: The brake resistance mechanism on this machine ensures a smooth and quiet pedal motion. The large skate wheels deliver a smoother, quieter ride so you can exercise without disturbing anyone at the office.
● Large Anti-Slip Pedals: Designed with two large, non-slip textured pedals, this iDeer Life product allows you to pedal as hard and fast as you want. It has a heavy-duty steel frame, it’s small and compact, and it can be assembled in three to five minutes with the tools provided.
This machine will help you to burn fat and calories, reduce cellulite, and boost your energy levels, all the while promoting and improving blood circulation and metabolism.
- Comfortable large anti-slip pedals
- Multifunctional monitor
- High stability and super quiet
- Highly flexible, adjustable and portable
- Heavy duty frame and compact design
- Brake resistance mechanism
- Is comparatively heavier than its competitors
- Makes a very loud squeaking noise
- Difficult to assemble
This company makes a really affordably priced machine that works great in shaping your body and keeping you fit while you work. This model is very sturdy and stable and is excellent for working out at home or in the office. Comes in many color options and has multiple resistances which you can adjust to your liking. Overall, this is a great expenditure to maintain fitness.
3. Cubii Jr: Desk Elliptical
This is a junior version of the Cubii Pro model with all the same features. It’s designed to be whisper-quiet to help you work out as discreetly as possible. This under-desk elliptical has improved construction, high-quality parts, and more quality control than other products on the market. Its size and weight were very carefully considered to limit sliding while in use. Its ergonomic angles make it a smooth elliptical that has a low impact on your joints. It’s designed to fit under your desk and occupy minimum space. A built-in display monitor tracks time, calories, RPM, strides, and distance. The intensity can be adjusted to eight different resistance levels. Assembly takes about three to five minutes.
- Display monitor for real-time progress
- 8 resistance levels
- Whisper quiet
- Ergonomic design, built to last and low impact
- Safe and simple to use
- Stable and super smooth
- The screws on the product loosen up really fast
- The plastic around the pedals is made of low quality
- Makes a high squeaking noise
In total, it’s a good product that does not have all the features of the Pro version but still suffices as an excellent exercise machine which does not interfere with your work and saves precious time. The price is a little on the higher end but is a good way to spend your money to keep yourself fit and toned.
4. Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer
This portable device is compact and lightweight enough to transport effortlessly. Its quiet and unobtrusive design requires minimal space. You can vary the intensity of your workout by turning the dial on the machine and adjusting the resistance. Your workout statistics will be displayed on the monitor while you’re exercising. This desk elliptical can be used while standing or sitting, and you can choose multiple movement options to target different muscle groups. This product is available in different colors.
- Portable, and efficient
- Adjustable tension with multifunction monitor
- Multiple movement options
- Three color choices
- Textured pedals
- Makes a loud squeaking noise
- The pedal motion is not smooth
- Needs to be oiled
- Construction is poor
This product comes at an absolutely fantastic price for its efficiency and working. It’s structured and designed to be perfect for working out at home or at the office. It offers color options. It has textured pedals which is a great addition to the device. The intensity and movement options are adjustable which is an essential feature to have along with a very functional monitor. This product is a great investment to keep you fit.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Under Desk Elliptical
This product tracks speed, time, distance, and calories using a centrally located digital monitor, and it also has a scan function to scroll through all the variables while you work out. This desk elliptical pairs a belt drive mechanism with magnetic resistance to make your exercise experience smooth and quiet. You can choose between eight levels of magnetic resistance using the tension knob. This product’s compact size and design make it easy to fit under any desk without taking up much space, and it’s easy to take from one place to another.
- Large textured foot pedals prevent slippage while in use
- 8 Levels of belt drive magnetic resistance
- Digital monitor tracks speed, Time, Calories, and Distance
- 7-inch stride length moves smoothly with integrated wheels
- A centrally located transportation handle allows you to move your elliptical with ease
- Elliptical arrives fully assembled
- The monitor works manually, not automatically
- Slides while using the product
This product is well designed one that is a little pricey for the number of features it offers but overall is a good product. It does not have color choices or insulated pedals. Stable, compact and lightweight, it comes as assembled product which is great. The best thing about this product is magnetic resistance which is a unique feature to have and offers excellent and varied adjustable levels.
6. JFIT Under Desk & Stand Up Mini Elliptical
This J/fit model is perfect for standing up or sitting down thanks to its adjustable-angle pedals and advanced features. It sports a compact design that will allow you to fit it under any desk and also features a top handle and front handle for easy movement. The larger wheels provide a smoother, quieter ride while reducing wear and tear. This machine is very quiet, making it a great solution for working out in the office or while watching television at home. It records your time, speed, distance, and calories burned. The difficulty of each exercise session can be adjusted by changing the resistance level.
- Stepper with angled pedals
- Specialized handle for transport
- Smart design
- Produces a squeaking sound
- Cannot be adjusted easily
- The angle of the pedals is too high
This JFIT product is absolutely great intended purpose. It’s smart and compact design makes a perfect fit for under any desk and keeping your body in perfect shape. The many additional features of this well-designed product are perfect for the maximum outcome from this exercising with this product. The larger wheels are a very well thought of and brilliant touch to this model and greatly impacts the working of it. Taking everything into account, this product is perfect for a quick session at home or hours and hours of working on the computer and is extremely beneficial for maintaining, toning or keeping your body fit.
7. FitDesk Under Desk Elliptical
This item from FitDesk has the lowest pedal height rotation available (eight inches) and works with desks as low as 25 inches. It features eight magnetic resistance levels and has a balanced, high-velocity flywheel to keep the pedal motion smooth and silent. The no-reach foot shifter allows for hands-free tension adjustment. A desk stand is included so you can reach the six-function display monitor.
- Lowest rotation height
- Whisper quiet resistance
- Hands-free resistance shifting
- Heavy flywheel
- Makes a squeaking sound
- Proper instructions do not come with it and the screws loosen up easily
- The pedals do not work smoothly
This is an absolutely fantastic product. It’s rotation height and the heavy flywheel is an incredibly useful and unique addition to its frame and design. The price is a little high when compared to similar models on the market but for the given price, it works to full potential. Extraordinarily lightweight, this product will be significantly easy to travel with and to take to your office or move around at home. This product works great to keep you exercising even when you have to work. Keeps you fit and fine and helps to have a healthy lifestyle but helping you exercise every day whether you’re at home or stuck in front of a screen.
8. ANCHEER Desk Elliptical
The Ancheer Desk Elliptical is a two-in-one electrical, compact, ergonomic elliptical which can plug into a power source to assist the workout or be used directly without power. You can use it with either your feet or your hands to strengthen and tone both your legs and arms, giving you the opportunity to get a full workout while you sit at home or in the office. You can adjust the resistance level, which has five settings in automatic or manual mode. The pedals are able to move backward or forward to target different muscle groups.
Your fitness statistics can be recorded and displayed on the built-in LCD display screen. This under-desk elliptical is portable and incredibly easy to store. It comes already assembled, so no extra work is required. Elliptical exercises are great for improving body flexibility and muscle strength, promoting cardiovascular functions, and improving coordination of the arms and legs. They’re great low-impact exercises for beginners and perfect for rehabilitation following a surgery or injury
- Compact design and portable
- Fine designed, powerful motor
- Has an automatic and manual mode
- Textured massage pedals
- Sturdy construction
- The rubber on the pedal is of low quality
- Slips on the floor
- Remote is cheaply and flimsily made
This product has many attractive features like a dual screen mode and more but when compared to other products is quite ordinary. It’s fine to design and powerful motor are important characteristics that contribute to it’s working, which works absolutely perfectly. Sitting for hours can cause strain on your legs and getting a little workout with this machine is just what you need. The textured massage pedals are a great addition to it, it makes the machine very efficient and smooth. Altogether, this is just what you need to put a bit of work into your legs or arms during the day when you’re busy at work and cannot hit the gym.
9. Sunny Health & Fitness EZ Stride - SF-E3626
The Sunny Health & Fitness EZ Stride is a motorized auto-assisted under-desk elliptical pedal exerciser with features like large, textured anti-slip foot pedals. Using the easy-to-read buttons, you can change functions quickly between auto, manual, and forward or backward pedaling. The auto mode of this machine has three levels of speed: low, middle, and high. On top of that, it can be used manually with three levels of resistance. The automatic shutoff timer activates when the machine is idle for half an hour. A non-slip floor mat is included with the purchase. Handles are built-in for easy movement and effortless carrying. This under-desk elliptical operates with a 120V wall plug for automatic modes. It’s ready to use at purchase with no assembly required.
- Comes with a non-skid mat
- Handles attached for easy carrying
- Power assisted exercise
- Digital display monitor
- Pedals are not attached well and break off or crack easily
- The motion is not smooth and the pedals get stuck during motion
- Price is relatively high
All in all, this product is a good choice for its intended purpose. Although the price is a bit on the higher end, it gives good features in return. Easy to fit at any small compact place, it helps well in keeping your body in good shape while not missing out work time. This elliptical can passively assist in the forward and backward pedal motion. There is also a manual exercise mode that does not use the motor assist if you wish to pedal completely on your own. Keep yourself fit while also putting in 100% at your job.