Best SOS Distress Signal Lights | WhatIs180.com
Reviews on the Best SOS Distress Signal Lights
There’s a lot of gear to consider when you’re hitting the trail for a weekend of hiking, heading out on the water, or planning a long camping excursion. One thing you’ll definitely want to bring is an SOS distress light in case you get lost and need to signal for help. A good SOS light signal isn’t something you’ll need often, but when the situation calls for it, you’ll definitely wish you had one. Here’s a list of some of the best SOS flashlights on the market, which we hope will make your decision easier next time you’re stocking up for an adventure.
GatherWay Emergency Strobe Light, SOS Distress Signal
First on our list of SOS distress lights is a rather unique option from the team at GatherWay. Designed with a special seismic alert function, this SOS light isn’t just a great trail companion—it’s also a tool for detecting seismic activity in an effort to keep you and your family safe in the event of an earthquake. Also equipped with an emergency lamp and a more traditional help function, this SOS light is a great option for both at-home and outside use.
- SOS Distress Signal: Bright red light and loud sound SOS signal for an emergency, camping, hiking, and outdoor survival.
- Emergency light: Light up automatically when power failure for home rechargeable. Last one hour.
- Reliable: USB rechargeable flashlight, handheld portable, completes earthquake emergency kit.
- Earthquake alarm: If installed on the wall of your home, it will alert ≥4.0 R earthquakes, US Patent #10,475,322 B1. When critical time counts, be woken up and prepared to survive.
Sirius Signal SOS LED Electronic Visual Distress Signal
Next on our list is the Sirius Signal SOS LED light designed specifically for marine safety. This SOS light’s two distinct visible colors offer contrast against scattered white background light, which makes it perfect for use even in the daytime. Bluetooth connectivity allows connection to the Sirius Signal App, which lets this SOS light automatically send location updates to your chosen emergency contacts. Fully submersible and ready for any situation, this SOS distress light is easy to use and sure to keep your family safe.
- No more flares - Family safe and easy to use, the C-1003 is a complete compliance kit that fulfills USCG Night, Day, and Audible distress signal requirements; Made in the USA
- Flashes US Coast Guard spec SOS signal for up to 60 hours, many times longer than USCG requirements; batteries included
- Incredibly bright signal is visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Orange distress flag fulfills daytime signal requirement; Quality marine whistle complies with USCG audible signal requirements
ACR C-Strobe Manual Activated Personal Distress Strobe Light
If you’re looking for a more compact, personal option, the ACR C-Strobe Personal Distress Strobe light may be the SOS light for you. Used for location assistance in low-light emergencies, this SOS signal light outputs a bright 45 lumens. It’s also waterproof, housed in an impact-resistant case, and can be continuously operated for longer than 120 hours, making it a convenient option for people who are traveling with limited space.
- For location assistance during low-light emergencies
- Exceedingly bright 45 Lumen White LED
- The extensive continuous operating life of greater than 120 hours
- Waterproof – Tested for 24 hrs at 3. 3 ft. (1m)
- Easy twist On/Off activation
- Impact-resistant case
- Uses two “AA” 1. 5V batteries (not included)
WARSUN Rechargeable Portable Ultra Bright Handheld LED Flashlight With SOS ALARM
Another compact option for personal use is the WARSUN portable SOS light with included alarm and battery charging capabilities. With a maximum brightness of 1,000 lumens, this SOS distress light is incredibly bright in any situation. It features five modes, including two SOS light modes, and the 120 db alarm function that can be used for attention or for self-defense. This SOS light is also stylish and incredibly portable, coming in a variety of colors and weighing in at only 5.36 ounces.
- SUPER-BRIGHT: maximum brightness of 1000 lumens, irradiation distance up to 300M, Ultra-high lumens, your most powerful helper in the dark.
- 5 MODES: the main lamp has three lighting modes-High/ Medium/table lamp and sidelight has two modes -SOS red flash/alarm. With multiple modes to meet your different needs, the alarm function can be used as a self-defense tool.
- Sound-Light Alarm: The maximum alarm decibel can reach 120 db，Along with the flashing red light, it maximizes attention and helps ，the perfect companion for your car repair/night walk/camping trip
- STYLISH and PORTABLE: 4.9 inches and easy to carry in your pocket. Aluminum alloy material appearance, hard and fashionable, can be used as mobile power.
Ust See-Me 2.0 Water Activated 45 Lumen Strobe LED Light
Next on our list of the best SOS distress lights is the Ust See-Me 2.0 Water Activated SOS light. A great option for maritime use, the Ust See-Me 2.0 automatically activates underwater and can be manually activated with its easy twist on/off cap. The nearly unbreakable LED bulb on this SOS light flashes 60 times every minute for maximum attention, and it can run uninterrupted for over 120 hours.
- Dimensions: 5.5” L x 1.5” W and weighs 4 oz. with (2) AA batteries (not included)
- Reliable: Unbreakable LED bulb flashes 60 times per minute for up to 120 hours and never needs to be replaced
- Durable: Waterproof IPX7 which protects against water immersion up to 1 meter
- Be Prepared: light automatically activates when submerged in water or can manually be activated with an easy twist ON/OFF cap and is visible up to 3.1 miles on a dark, clear night – exceeding the United States Coast Guard requirement of 1 nautical mile
- Versatility: PFD clip, lanyard cord, and hook and loop to ensure a secure carry
AQUA-SIRIUS LRS, Water-Activated Long-Range LED Strobe Light - USCG Approved Signaling Strobe
For a simple yet impressively bright maritime SOS light, consider the AQUA-SIRIUS LRS water-activated SOS distress light. Visible from up to 3.5 miles away, depending on atmospheric conditions, this SOS light flashes a brilliant white light for over 18 hours, with reduced brightness for an impressive five or more days after that. This SOS distress light is constructed with high-strength ABS plastic, making it extremely durable for use in extreme conditions.
- WATER ACTIVATION - Once the strobe is switched into the 'armed' position, the LED lights will activate when in contact with water.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE STROBE – Visible from up to 3.5 miles depending on atmospheric conditions, this light will flash a bright white signal 60 times a minute for over 18 hours, and flash with reduced brightness for 5+ days.
- EXTREMELY TOUGH GEAR – LSC designs and manufactures critical maritime rescue and survival equipment used in some of the harshest environments on earth. This safety signaling strobe is no different. It is constructed of high-strength ABS plastic with a high-impact resistant clear lens.
- RELIABLE & SIMPLE – Lost at sea with one chance at survival, you want the gear you can rely on. That is why we inspect and test each and every strobe light we produce.
- US COAST GUARD & FAA APPROVED – U.S.C.G. SOLAS Approval 161.112/77/0 - FAA TSO-C85b
Bold & Cool Nova Lux Headlamp 215 Lumen CREE LED With 6 Light Modes
If you’re searching for a more practical SOS light for cycling, hiking, and walking at night, the Bold & Cool Nova Lux headlamp may just be the option for you. A personal SOS light that functions as a headlamp, the Nova Lux has six different light modes ranging up to 215 lumens of output, illuminating objects up to 230 feet away. You’ll always feel safe biking and trekking at night with this compact SOS light, and you don’t have to worry about it getting too hot to handle, since it has a heat-resistant casing and a Jacquard woven headband for increased comfort.
- WATERPROOF SEALED CIRCUIT DESIGN – IPX7 waterproof rating lets you immerse headlamp for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 3.3 feet. The sealed circuit design makes it splash-proof, storm-proof, and a perfect companion when is raining out there
- PREMIUM HIGH-QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP – CREE XP-G3 LED bulb is reliable and energy-efficient. The headlamp casing is heat-resistant and stays cool during use. The headband is a high-quality Jacquard woven that is comfortable, breathable, stretchable, and perfect for kids or adults. Versatile buckles on the headband make it detachable, adjustable, and reversible; It's lightweight (3.17 oz) to prevent bounce
- SUPER BRIGHT, LED BULB, MADE IN THE USA BY CREE - This 215 lumens headlamp can illuminate objects up to 230 feet away. It is one of the brightest headlamps flashlights at this price range lasting up to 135 hours. Perfect for reading, camping, hiking, any outdoor or indoor activity. It is also CE/RoHS compliant
- FEEL SAFE AND SECURE WITH SIX LIGHT MODES - Its potent White LED Light, Red Strobe, and SOS will make you feel safe while walking, running, biking, or trekking even if it’s dark and raining out there. It’s a MUST HAVE for your emergency kit at home, your car, or the outdoors. Colorful to find it easier in the dark
ACR ResQLink View Buoyant Personal Locator Beacon With GPS
The ACR ResQLink View is an SOS light designed from the ground up for the most extreme adventures. Once activated, this personal distress beacon uses ResQLink technology to ping your location using government satellites, offering you a direct link to emergency services right away. This personal locator beacon also features an LED and IR strobe SOS signal light for increased visibility while you await help. Definitely a more premium SOS light for the adventurer at heart, the ACR ResQLink View comes at a steeper price, but you’ll find the cost is well worth it if you ever get lost in the wilderness.
- Once activated, an SOS distress signal with GPS position is sent directly to Search and Rescue forces worldwide using the 406 MHz Emergency Distress Signal with 121.5 MHz Homing Signal (No Subscription Required)
- Small, rugged, lightweight personal locator beacon that is buoyant and includes attachment clips including a belt clip, oral inflation tube clip, straps, and lanyards for increased wearability for hikers, boaters, campers, climbers, RVing, and all your outdoor adventures
- Send non-emergency self-test and GPS test messages to multiple contacts via text message (SMS) and email with a customized message using the optional 406Link testing subscription
- Global Coverage using the 3 satellite constellations of COSPAS-SARSAT, which sends your distress message directly to Search and Rescue agencies worldwide without the need for a rescue monitoring center
- A bright LED Strobe light, as well as an Infrared Strobe light, ensures multiple visual signals to rescuers
Artex Personal Locator Beacon
Another option for the hardcore adventurer is the Artex Personal Locator Beacon with included SOS distress light. Similar to the ACR ResQLink View, the Artex blasts a distress signal to search and rescue authorities in your area, and it also offers a SOS signal light for increased visibility. With no subscription fees required to use the location services, you can be sure that you’re safe and getting the full benefit of this device no matter where you go.
- 06 MHz Distress Signal - Sent Directly to Search and Rescue Authorities Worldwide
- 66 Channel GPS Receiver Pin-points your location
- 121.5 MHz Homing Signal - Allows Search and Rescue to zero in on your location as they get close to your location.
- LED Strobe Light
- No Subscription Fees Required - PLBs work on Government Search and Rescue Satellites so no annoying monthly or annual fees.
ACR HemiLight3 HL3 Automatic Survivor Locator Light
Last in our list of the best SOS distress lights is the ACR HemiLight3 HL3, an incredibly compact and affordable option perfect for attaching to a life jacket in the event of a maritime emergency. This SOS light includes a high-intensity flashing red light for unmistakable visibility, and it can shine for up to 20 hours when in contact with salt or freshwater. Utilizing automatic activation only, you can be sure this SOS distress light will work when it’s needed most.
- SMALLER OTHER APPROVED LIGHTS
- HIGH-INTENSITY FLASHING LED LIGHT
- 20+ HR WHEN IN CONTACT WITH SALT OR FRESHWATER (automatic activation only)
- EASY DEACTIVATION (PRESS OF A BUTTON)
- QUICK INSTALLATION TO ANY LIFE JACKET