Best Plyometric Boxes
Incorporating plyometric exercise into your workout regimen is a fantastic way to enhance explosivity, develop fast-twitch muscles, and increase strength. Long revered for its positive impact on athletic performance, plyometrics has deservedly gained popularity in the fitness world and can be immensely beneficial to anyone who implements it properly. After reading through this guide, you’ll be able to find the best plyo boxes for sale in 2021, begin introducing plyos into your workout regimen, and start seeing awesome progress!
- Front box jump
- Lateral box jump
- Broad Jumps
- Scissor jumps
- BOSU ball burpees
- Weighted lateral jumps
- Skater Jumps
- Dot drill
- Barbell squat jumps
- Lateral box shuffles
Benefits of Plyometric Training:
- Increases the elasticity and strength of the tendons thus making them less prone to wear and tear.
- Improves physical speed and muscular power.
- Helps the body burn a lot of calories and hastens weight loss.
- Strengthens both upper and lower body.
- The competency of the neuromuscular system is boosted.
- Helps you develop your abilities for other sports and exercises.
- Reduces the risk of injuries.
What Is Plyometrics?
Plyometrics, an exercise concept introduced in 1970, caters to athletes and other workout enthusiasts looking to increase their explosiveness (the ability to move a muscle from extension to contraction rapidly). Plyometrics is a combination of strength-building movements and intense bursts of cardio. The application of force and power is what develops strength, and plyos require muscles to fire fast and with vigor, thus increasing your threshold for explosive movements.
Intense plyometric workouts feature short intervals of explosive movement followed by a period of rest so you can perform at maximum effort again the next round. While plyometrics is commonly referred to as “jump training,” pushups, throwing, and sprinting all fit under the plyometric umbrella. Other exercises like box jumps, broad jumps, burpees, and skater jumps are considered plyometric as well.
When it comes to equipment for plyo training, a plyometric box is the best place to start. Due to their versatility and functionality, plyo boxes can be utilized for a variety of exercises. They’ll take your training to the next level in no time.
The main focuses of a plyo workout are the force and speed of movement. As mentioned above, plyos can include anything from pushups to medicine ball tosses. When doing plyometrics, you want to keep your rep counts low and your rest durations at least double your workout time. Since you’ll be performing fewer reps, it’s important to practice excellent form to get the most out of each movement and protect yourself from injury.
Plyometrics will strengthen fast-twitch muscle fibers, increase the strength of your tendons, boost your neuromuscular system, and develop your functional athleticism.
Plyometric Boxes for Sale in 2021
Plyometric boxes aren’t your run-of-the-mill piece of exercise equipment. They’re scientifically designed to withstand impact, be versatile, protect joints and ligaments, and maximize your workouts. The top plyo boxes usually come in a three-in-one design that allows users to change the height of the box simply by flipping it on its side. They feature durable foam that allows for safe landings, have a wide base, use non-slip materials, and are sturdy without pointed edges.
Identifying the best plyometric box for you depends on your size and the intended use. For jump exercises like box jumps, the best plyo boxes are made from foam, height-adjustable, and have a non-slip landing surface. These boxes help prevent potential injury by providing a safe place to complete your jump.
Plyometric boxes have become more portable over the years, making it easy to move them around your workout area as needed. The best plyo boxes of 2021 are lightweight and can easily be picked up and moved into storage or a safer environment. Here are our picks for the top plyo boxes for sale today:
Whether you’re cross-training, in physical therapy, or performing aerobic exercises, the BalanceFrom pro-duty Foam Plyometric Box has got you covered. This high-density foam box is made to support all your plyometric exercises, from box jumps to step-ups. Designed for people who challenge themselves and want to improve performance, this plyo box comes in three sizes: 20”, 24”, and 30”. Once you get comfortable with 20”, you can simply rotate the box to add 4-10 inches and step up your game. The BalanceFrom Foam Plyometric Box can support up to 350 pounds of weight. Titan Fitness has given this box a solid foam platform that will be able to withstand countless hours of heavy workouts. This plyo box is just soft enough to make training comfortable without tipping over or tilting while you land your jumps.
- Material: Foam
- Length: 30”
- Width: 24”
- Height: 20”
- Weight: 16lb
- Material: Foam
- Length: 30”
- Width: 24”
- Height: 20”
- Weight: 60lb
- Time-saving since this box requires no assembly of parts.
- It is affordable and money-saving since each box comes with 3 sizes.
- This box has been designed to have a soft and slip-free surface which will not hurt your shins and increase stability.
- This plyometric box supports multiple and various sorts of exercises.
- Its solid foam platform backs prolonged hours of workouts and heavyweight athletes effectively.
- Might feel wobbly because of its light weight, especially, the 30-inch
This is definitely a wonderful buy for those who want to enhance their regular workout routine with innumerable hours of intense plyometric workout which not only strengthens the leg and core muscles but also contributes to a great total body toning workout. It is built from high-quality foam that promises longevity. Grab this box which is just the thing for a home garage box before stocks run out.
When it comes to fitness, The Gronks definitely know what they’re doing. They’ve been in the fitness equipment industry for over 27 years and have successfully set up both commercial and home training centers, gyms, and fitness studios. The Gronk Fitness 3-in-1 Soft-Sided Ballast Plyometrics Box is a compact and stable plyo box that comes with a shifting center of gravity. It has been designed with WeightShift Technology (patent pending) that gives it optimal balance and consistency, efficiently reducing shifting and tilting of the box no matter how heavy your workout routine is. You can customize your workouts and make various adjustments using this 20”, 24”, and 30” plyo box. Keep rotating the box to get your preferred height and carry on. The wooden core is surrounded by multilayered foam covering, making it soft and safe. The vinyl covering prevents abrasion even after arduous use.
- Contains 3 ballast balls inside of 6” diameter and 12lbs weight each.
- The thickness of the foam pad is 3”
- Houses .6” wooden board constructed core
- Total weight: 75lbs
- Length: 30”
- Height: 24”
- Width: 20”
- The longevity of this plyo box is high due to the durable vinyl cover that resists wear and tear.
- The vinyl cover makes cleaning up this box easy too so you do not let footprints and dirt stains irk you.
- It is compact and space saving.
- The foam covering reduces the risk of injuries.
- The Gronk Fitness 3-in-1 Soft Sided Ballast Plyometrics Box is portable and protective.
- Its WeightShift technology makes it free from tipping over.
- the Gronk Fitness 3-in-1 Soft Sided Ballast Plyometrics Box can come in a bit expensive compared to others.
- Shipping this box is quite tricky.
If you are looking for a box that will elevate your regular training program, easily portable, this is definitely the one for you. Burn those calories with this convenient workout equipment designed with the most superior technology for user comfort. Even though it might come across a little bit more expensive in comparison with its counterparts, it is worth every penny.
The 3-in-1 Weighted Pro-Plyo Box by Sunny Health & Fitness is ideal for intense leg and core movements, as it comes with 20”, 24”, and 30” adjustable heights. Exercises involving the core and leg muscles have been proven to boost athleticism in teens and adults. This plyometric box can support up to 440 pounds of weight. Everybody from professional footballers to weekend warriors can perk up their competitive performance with the most minimal plyometric sessions.
- Product dimensions: 30x24x20 inches
- Weight: 53.5 pounds
- The vinyl covering of the weighted foam plyometric box is sweat and tear-resistant which protects the box from decay and damage.
- You can avoid training plateaus and enhance your performance owing to its adjustable heights.
- The foam weighted interior has been so constructed to tolerate the toughest workouts.
- Easy to assemble.
- Even though it can take a load of up to 440lbs, for weight lifters of 300lbs who want to do 50 lb dumbbell step ups using the box, might be pushing it too far with the weight limit.
This sturdy box is exactly what you need at your home or fitness studio if you want an effective plyometric workout where you can actively engage your muscles full out without having to worry about tipping over or losing control. Easy to carry, easy to set up, the Sunny Health & Fitness 3 in 1 Weighted Pro- Plyo Box is a must have if you are looking for effective plyometric and cross fit training.
The Synergee 3-in-1 Plyometric Box is a handy tool that you can use to do a wide range of exercises. From step-ups to jumps, dips to burpee variations, and more, this plyo box can handle it all. The dense foam core has a softer foam surrounding it and comes with an anti-slip shell. The box is soft enough to save you from any sort of injuries yet sturdy enough to support the most intense plyometric activities. You can simply rotate the box to change its height and challenge yourself for better gains.
- Shell material: Non-Slip PVC
- Maximum weight: 450lbs
- The Box core: ultra high-density foam
- Surrounding material: soft high-density foam
- Product dimensions: 14.2 x 12.2 x 16.1
- Item weight: 17lbs
- Each box offers 3 varying levels of intensity to work with. Hence it is money and space saving.
- It is the ultimate equipment that can be used to build leg power.
- Synergee has taken care that every plywood is sanded and smoothened to ensure safety while using it.
- It comes with an anti-slip shell and multiple foams covering to reduce the risk of injuries.
- You are required to assemble the box before you can start training which without proper instructions can become time-consuming.
Overall, the Synergee 3-in-1 Plyo box is sturdy, smooth and well built which makes it an essential for daily CrossFit training. The product is definitely a steal at this price and the outer covering alluring and handy. The box is ideal for all sorts of workout, be it lightweight or heavy.
You can use the Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box to increase your jumping capacity, agility, cardiovascular endurance, power, explosiveness, foot speed, and total body strength. With this plyometric box, you can incorporate squats, lunges, and dips into your traditional box jump workout routine. You can be assured of a safe experience while using this box thanks to its high-density foam, which protects your joints. The sturdy 3-in-1 Plyo Box gives you three different levels of difficulty, ranging from beginner to advanced. Simply rotate the box to increase the height from 20” to 24” to 30”.
- Weight: 15.5lbs
- Weight capacity: 350lbs
- Colour: Black -Green
- Jump height options: 20”, 24”, 30” (50.8cm, 61cm, 76.2cm)
- Has an ultra Dense PE Foam Core
- All six sides have a soft foam padding
- It comes with a vinyl leather cover marked with height increment.
- Saves space, money, and efforts since no assembling of parts is required.
- You can use this plyo box to do various sorts of plyometric, MMA and CrossFit workouts and HIIT exercises.
- The PVC covering enables easy and convenient cleaning up of the equipment. You do not have to worry about footprints or dirt stains.
- The PVC covering also makes it slip proof thus saving you from shin scratching on missing steps.
- It is not safe to use Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box on smooth flooring like wood or smooth tiles.
Here is why you should purchase the Yes4All 3-in-1 Foam Plyo Box- it is versatile training equipment that has been made with high quality dense soft foam for safety purposes, easy to adjust and allows you the liberty to personalize your fitness program. Do not think twice and perk up your regular training program with this fun and challenging equipment.
The Best Hard Plyo Boxes
Hard plyo boxes are usually made of steel or wood. Usually, the wooden boxes are available at a cheaper rate compared to other plyo boxes. The solid sides of the wood boxes also make it a safer option. The metal plyo boxes have been designed with a wider base than the top for better support with legs holding the base and the top together. The metal plyo boxes are typically conceived for stacking which makes it ideal to take up low storage space and makes it suitable for setting it up in your homes and garages. It lets you incorporate new heights to your workout without taking up much space.
Each Rep Fitness 3-in-1 Wood Plyo Box gives you three different heights to choose from, which makes them great for challenging yourself. These boxes can withstand movements like lateral box jumps, kneeling box jumps, depth jumps, box squats, and step-ups with knee thrusts, and they can bear up to 400 pounds of weight. The box is shipped flat to save money and prevent damage, so you will be required to assemble the parts yourself. Assembly is a simple process that should take 30 minutes or less (we recommend using an electric screwdriver).
- Package dimensions: 17.4x16.4x5.1 inches
- Weight: 50lbs
- Plywood thickness: 3/ 4”
- Setting up the equipment is hassle-free.
- The 24x20x16 box comes with an internal reinforcing brace.
- The boxes come with rounded edges to prevent you from getting hurt.
- The box has puzzle joints and bracing which deems it fit to back almost 400lbs of weight.
- You can add new height to your vertical leap.
- The wood used is robust and well sanded thus there is no need to worry about splinters.
- The 16” side might be too small for landing.
- This plyometric box lacks pre-installed non-skid material which might become risky while doing certain exercises.
- The screws stick out around 1mm even after using an electric drill.
This is a perfect pick for those who are looking for a sturdy, efficient, solid and reasonable plyometric box for group training. Get this lightweight box with excellent build and give your workout routine a new and more challenging outlook. Leg days will be a piece of cake now!
The Bound Sports 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Box is a great tool for full-body workouts. This plyo box has been designed for maximum durability and safe and efficient plyometric training from the beginner level to advanced workouts. It’s available in four sizes: 30”/24”/20”, 24”/20”/16”, 20”/18”/16”, and 16”/14”/12”. Each box has three height variations, so you can make your workouts more challenging over time. You can use this compact equipment anywhere, from your garage to a fitness studio. The larger boxes come with an internal brace for extra stability and durability. All Bound boxes are shipped flat to save space and money and prevent damage, and they come with a one-year warranty. Your box will have pre-drilled holes and interlocking joints, which makes assembling the parts easier.
- Package dimensions: 21x19x5 inches
- Item weight: 29lbs
- Maximum load: 450lbs
- Pine plywood panels 3/ 4” in thickness
- CNC machined
- Easy to assemble and hence time-saving.
- The box comes with handles which make it easily portable.
- The manual that comes along with this is also easy to follow.
- The box has sanded edges and surfaces which make it safe to use.
- Countersink screws and support are included in the package.
- The box is running the risk of slipping on tiled floors and hence requires a non-slip mat.
Upgrade your conditioning and strength facility and take your training to the next level with the Shogun Sports Plyometric Box. This box has been approved by personal trainers, US Veterans and Cross Fit Gyms which makes it a must buy for plyometric enthusiasts. Easy to put together, portable and extremely durable, this box is perfectly suited for box squats at variable heights. So do not delay and get this extremely versatile box and get started on your body.
The Valor Fitness Equipment 3-in-1 Plyometric Jump Box is great for CrossFit plyo box workouts. You can adjust the height to 30”, 24”, or 20”—just rotate the box and you’re good to go. It’s made from grade-A plywood 3/4” in thickness. This plyo box comes with cut-out handles, which makes it easily portable. It’s designed with rounded corners for security and internal braces for stability and balance. Once you assemble the parts, you are all set to start your training.
- Package dimensions: 30.5x25x5.3 inches
- Item weight: 50.8lbs
- It comes for a reasonable price.
- The parts are easy to assemble using basic tools.
- The material used in its construction is durable and sturdy.
- The box comes with pre-drilled holes.
- The box comes with mounting hardware.
- It does not come with assembling instructions which might become time-consuming.
This 3-in-1 plyometric jump box by X Training is a winner. The box is a perfect fit for your home, garage gym, college gym or fitness studio. You can use this solid, well constructed, inexpensive plyometric box for your daily burn LTF workouts. You can also carry the box easily with you wherever you go. So do not let your vacations make you lazy!
Increase your strength, stamina, power, and speed and get faster, leaner, stronger, and fitter with the Yes4All 3-in-1 Wood Plyometric Jump Box. This plyo box by Yes4All works for beginners, high-level athletes, and even martial artists, and it’s great for CrossFit training. The boxes are built with 3/4”-thick construction-grade plywood and come in three sizes: 20”/24”/30”, 18”/20”/24”, and 12”/14”/30”. The bigger boxes are provided with center support due to their larger surface areas.
- Product dimensions: 30 x 24 x 20 inches
- Item weight: 56.4lbs
- Maximum load: 350lbs.
- Includes packaged screws for easy assembly.
- The edges are numbered on the inside which helps during assembling the parts.
- The plyometric box has an advanced design with rounded edges to prevent injuries.
- In order to protect the exterior, the box has a poly coating on the outside.
- The 16” surface area of the plyometric jump box is undersized for landing jumps.
- The box is prone to slip on tiled floors and hence requires a non-slip pad.
You can intensify and accelerate your regular workout regimen with these steel, red and black plyometric boxes brought to you by j/fit. Unlike lesser plyo boxes, which might break under pressure, j/fit’s plyo box platforms do not run the risk of falling apart. The sides of this equipment are welded together, eliminating the need for screws on the outside and significantly reducing the risks of scratching and scraping. This plyometric box is ideal for elevated box jumps, split squats, step-ups, lateral step-overs, and burpee step-overs, among other exercises. J/fit has successfully presented a superb way to tone up muscles, boost stamina, and burn calories. It is perfect for gyms, CrossFit sessions, hockey training facilities, college facilities, and the home. The entire piece of equipment consists of four sets of stackable plyometric platforms, which makes it compact and efficient to store. It has been made available in four sizes.
- 12” box- 13×13” top, 14×14” base
- 18” box- 14×14” top, 18×18” base
- 24” box- 15×15” top, 21×21” base
- 30” box- 16×16” top, 23×23” base
- Product dimensions: 31x24x24 inches
- Weight: 58lbs
- Colour: Red and Black
- j/fit plyometric boxes are portable.
- The boxes have a stylish appeal to them.
- It guarantees a safe and stable workout as it comes with non-slip rubber stoppers, corner grips, and mats.
- It is constructed from steel which makes it indestructible and tough.
- The bottoms have rubber stoppers which prevent the boxes from slipping thus maintain the posture.
- The platforms are stackable which saves time and space.
- The box comes at a reasonable price.
- No assembly required.
- The platform covering is not of rubber but vinyl which makes it slippery.
- The structure of the j/fit plyometric box makes it susceptible to damage while shipping
- The rubbers on the bottoms easily fall off.
- The entire 4 boxes have to be unstacked if you want to take out just the small box which makes it time-consuming.
- The box is underweight and runs the risk of tipping over.
Owing to its compactness, durability and look, j/fit plyometric box is an excellent choice for plyometric enthusiasts out there. This is one set every athlete, be it a novice or professional, should have for their training routine at the comfort of their home, fitness studio or the gymnasium. Improve your leg and core muscles while toning your entire body with the j/fit plyometric box.