Best Hookah Dive Systems | WhatIs180.com
Best Hookah Dive Systems
Hookah diving, better known as scuba or snuba diving, is an underwater exploration activity for skilled snorkelers. Hookah divers can go deeper underwater without being limited by the constraints of a standard snorkel tube and still breathe comfortably.
A hookah diving system, or surface air supply (SAS), helps intermediate snorkelers upgrade their skill so they can eventually participate in conventional scuba diving. There are two types of hookah diving systems: dynamic and static. A dynamic hookah rig has an air compressor to deliver air to the diver at the correct pressure, while a static hookah rig uses a volumetric curve cylinder filled with compressed gas to provide the diver with oxygen.
Hookah diving is an amazing way to experience life below the surface, but having fun and staying safe depends on quality equipment. Read our reviews for the best scuba hookah systems you can buy today.
A 12V DC electric power provides a silent and fumeless performance, and clips onto a boat battery for a gear-free experience. The air output on the AirLine 12V 160-3 Hookah Dive System meets the Compressed Gas Association of America’s (CGA) standards for Grade E Breathable Air. It allows one diver to reach a depth of up to 50 feet, but it can service multiple divers at once with an accumulator tank inclusion. The 12V DC electric power module runs without noise or fumes and clips onto a boat battery for a gear-free experience.
- 12 volt DC electric power for silent, fumeless performance while metal detecting.
- Clip onto the boat battery for gear-free, hull maintenance while at sea.
- Air output meets Compressed Gas Association of America - Grade E Breathable Air Standards.
- Performance: 1 diver to 50 ft depth. Two, only with the inclusion of accumulator tanks**
- Compressors are servicable in the field.
Brought to you by the company who invented the cooling fan, this product from AirLine is a workhorse. At 55 pounds, it’s very stable and performs at a depth of 85 feet for two divers, a depth of 60 feet for three divers, and a 40-foot depth for four divers. The proprietary Thomas direct-drive compressor features a commercial-grade Honda engine and offers up CGA-E air, quality making it great for group practice.
- The Original direct drive now in a powerful single-head, commercial compressor.
- Performance (in uncompromised numbers): 2 to a depth of 85'; 3 to a depth of 60 ft, 4 to 40 ft w/Addit package.
- Proprietary Thomas direct-drive compressor with commercial-grade Honda engine.
- Dive without tanks, CGA-E air-breathing quality
- Multidirectional regulator swivel fitting to prevent jaw fatigue.
The Third Lung Explorer 390 gives you the best bang for the buck of any Brownie’s hookah rig. This system was made for families, allowing three people to enjoy diving 90 feet deep or four divers to reach 60-foot depths. The light, compact, and portable design makes weekend diving trips far easier than you ever imagined they could be. The Explorer 390 is easy to use for experienced divers and novices alike. It’s equipped with Brownie's special direct-drive compressor and a four-cycle OHV gasoline engine. All Brownie’s hookah dive systems deliver CGA Grade E breathing gas, the same level that is required of dive store compressors for scuba. When you and your group are ready to practice, call on this Third Lung from Brownie’s.
Thanks to its extended run time and ability to choose between a one- or two-person system, the Third Lung E250X is a celebrated piece of equipment. All Brownie's electrical hookah diving systems are deck mount only and do not include a flotation tube. The single-phase compressor is as reliable as they come. Purchase includes a motor/compressor, a storage case with an impact-resistant HDPE cover, a six-foot power cord, an air intake filter, an easy-to-clean in-line particle filter, a 10-foot heat hose, a 60-foot down line with QRS fittings, two 20-foot diver hoses, two basic tow belts, and two Brownie’s second stage hookah regulators.
This 110V powerhouse plugs directly into a boat generator and provides shore power. It will help you save time and energy during your dive, and the air has been tested and certified breathable by the CGA. You’ll enjoy up to 60 feet of performance for one user and 25 feet for two with the Addit Diver package.
- 110-volt powerhouse. Plug into boat generator or shore power
- Save time and energy. Scrub the hull, clear the prop while underway
- Air is tested and certified breathable by the Compressed Gas Association of America
- Global service through Thomas 900 plus facilities. Compressors easily fixed in the field
- Performance one to 60 Ft depth. Two to 25 Ft with Addit Diver package
Equipped with a 4.0 horsepower four-stroke Honda motor, this hookah rig is a beast. The single-head direct-drive compressor is oilless and makes for reliable usage time and time again. Users will enjoy three hours of run time per tank of gas, and at a weight of 44 pounds, this hookah dive system is easy to travel with.
- Motor: 4.0 HP HONDA 4-stroke motor
- Compressor: Single Head Direct Drive Oilless
- Run time: 3+ hours per tank of gas
- Weight: 44 pounds - compressor in storage case
- Dimensions: 17"L x 24"W x 14"H - in storage case (lid included)
Say hello to the original direct-dive hookah rig. The compressor, made in the United States by Thomas Industries, is mounted on a Honda engine. The fan-cooled, vented compressor provides an internal washout with no disassembly. The solid brass, nickel-plated hose fittings are more reliable and durable than their plastic counterparts. The R260 performs for two divers at a depth of 70 feet and three divers at a depth of 40 feet with the Addit Driver package.
- The Original direct-drive hookah. U.S. made Thomas Industries compressor mounted on Honda engine.
- Fan-cooled, vented compressor for internal wash-out with no disassembly.
- Solid Brass, Nickel Plated hose fittings, not plastic like others use. CGA-E, air-breathing quality
- Compressors easily serviced in the field in minutes
- Performance: 2 to a depth of 70 Ft., 3 to 40 Ft. w/Add Diver package
The E150B Commercial Electric Hookah System provides users with a choice between a one- or two-person set. The one-person set works up to 55 feet, while the two-diver set performs up to 30 feet. Included in your kit is a motor/compressor, a storage case with an impact-resistant HDPE cover, a six-foot power cord, an air intake filter, an in-line particle filter that’s easy to clean, a 10-foot heat hose, a 60-foot diver hose with QRS fittings, a basic tow belt, and Brownie’s second stage hookah regulator.
- Depth: 1 diver 50'-55' and 2 divers 25'-30'* *With the purchase of an Add-a-Diver Kit*
- *Orders with an add-a-diver kit, the 60ft hose will be replaced with a 40ft down line and 20ft diver hose.
- 1 60ft common down line with F to M QRS fitting
- 1 Brownie’s hookah regulators on 40" hose and QRS
- 1 Basic Tow Belts
The industry leaders at Brownie’s have done it again with the Third Lung f285BE Scuba Diving Hookah System. It provides the same CGA-E breathable air quality, high-performance motor, and reliable compressor as other Brownie’s hookah rigs, and it can be used by more than one diver.
The F285BE features our proprietary direct-drive compressor on – providing run times well over 3 hours on a single tank of fuel. The compressor utilizes the same low-profile case, flag/intake staff, and float tube as our more expensive systems. The F285BE 2 Diver Package Includes motor/compressor assembly, impact-resistant HDPE base case and Travel lid, 7ft heat hose with easy to clean in-line particle filter, and QRS fitting. Motor: 4 stroke motor Compressor: Single Head Direct Drive Oil-less Run time: 3+ hours per tank of gas Depth: 2 diver/70'-80' and 3 divers/35'-45'* *With the purchase of an Add-A-Diver kit* Weight: 44 pounds – compressor in yellow pan Dimensions: 17″L x 24″W x 14″H (in storage case) System includes: QTYITEM 1 Intake staff w/dry top 1 Dive flag 1 Float tube 1 60ft common down line with QRS fittings 2 20ft individual diver hoses with QRS fittings 1 QRS Y-Divider 2 Brownie’s hookah regulators 2 Brownie’s Basic tow belts 1 Brownie’s Economy black mesh bag 1 Owner's Manual TWO MASK for FREE with the purchase of this unit.
A 63.8 amp-hour lithium-ion battery is installed in this Brownie’s Third Lung, while the single-head direct-drive compressor offers users an oilless experience. With a run time of up to three hours and a maximum dive selector, divers are able to dial in their exact desired depth. Two divers can reach 65 feet, while three divers can go as far as 35 feet below. Four divers can appreciate the performance of this hookah dive system up to 20 feet.
- Power: .75 hp sealed DC motor powered by (1) 24V / 63.8 amp-hour Lithium-Ion Battery
- Compressor: Single Head Direct Drive Oilless
- Run time: Up to 3+ hours available Maximum Depth Selector: Dial in your Depth to Determine estimated dive time.
- Depth: 2 divers to 65 ft and 3 divers to 35 ft* and 4 dives to 15-20 ft* (with the purchase of the add-a-diver kit*)
- Weight: Unit only 33lbs, battery 22lbs, gear bag 35lbs, Dimensions in Storage Case: 17 L x 24 W x 14 H (inches)